Saturday

Internet Users Were Asked About Their Best Moments From the Past 10 Years. What Would You Say?

Internet Users Were Asked About Their Best Moments From the Past 10 Years. What Would You Say?

It’s just a little more than one month before the end of this decade and the start of the next one. So, Reddit users were asked to remember and talk about the most pleasant moments that have happened to them in the past 10 years. This thread has more than 15,000 comments and it includes stories about strength and willpower, moving situations, and some funny memories.

We at Bright Side couldn’t resist, so we decided to share these memories about the best moments of this past decade. You can do the same in the comment section below!

  • Reaching the end of my 6-month chemo treatment last December. I had expected to feel beaten down and done by the end, instead, I felt better than I had in years. Still haven’t felt as good as I did in that all too brief period, but now I guess life has a bit more purpose. Metlman13 / Reddit

  • Meeting my wife. My previous relationship finally ended at the beginning of 2010 and I met my now-wife in December of that year. I still enjoy her company every single day, and she was easily the best thing to happen in the ’10s. mkicon / Reddit

  • I remember 2010 starting as the year I was finally able to be social, then in 2014 I left my home country, came here to Germany, and now I have spent more than half of this decade here. But the best moment? Gotta be getting out of hospital after trying to kill myself multiple times. I remember after a phone call with my mom, saying that I’d do everything to get myself together and manage my mental health, and now I’m working, and have some great opportunities ahead of me. I made it. ninjaaiden / Reddit

  • Graduated high school, moved across the country by myself, got married, moved 3 more times, watched my mom leave her verbally abusive and lazy husband and marry a much nicer man who has much more in common with her. AnxiousReader / Reddit

  • I only recently found out what loving someone feels like and what being loved feels like too. chimshir / Reddit

  • Getting married. Adopting a dog. Buying a house. That time I got 2 onion rings in my French fries. thehonestyfish / Reddit

  • I told my best friend of 5 years I had feelings for him. We will be closing out this year and entering the new one together. LoraMilly22 / Reddit

  • The day I asked out my crush of the last 8 years, with whom I had planned my whole life without even telling her. And she said “No.” Usman9252 / Reddit

  • Got out of a long relationship, found myself, started going back to school. And just today my barista asked me out. I’m so hyped because I was totally crushing on her. Oh also, I am cancer-free. But this girl is probably the highlight. DC3ZT / Reddit

  • Surviving the end of the world, aka 21 December 2012. dima87 / Reddit

  • 100% to quitting smoking and starting rock climbing. I wouldn’t have done one without the other. n00bst4 / Reddit

  • Well, I went from 8 to 18, so quite a big change. MRFAMER / Reddit

  • Got to watch the Cubs win the World Series with my grandma, who went 86 years without seeing one. tonyflow527 / Reddit

  • Finding a job that I don’t dread going to in the morning, even happy to go to work some mornings. slinkywheel / Reddit

  • I escaped the cult I grew up in that was also responsible for some of the worst moments of this decade, since my immediate family cut contact me because they’re still in the cult. But the day I left was the first time I ever felt truly free and happy. Sometimes I’m still in disbelief and occasionally a little overwhelmed by how free I am, even though it’s been 7 years. I gave myself the chance to actually live my life and I wouldn’t give it up for anything. god_farts / Reddit

  • Running! In 2010, I had just entered my 30s and my metabolism was slowing down. I was starting to get fat. So I took up running. Since then, I have run over 6,000 miles. This year I took it to the next level, ran my first marathon, and then 3 ultra-marathons finishing with a 50-miler just last weekend. I’m now 41 and in the best shape of my life. Freeasabird01 / Reddit

  • Probably overcoming my fear of wild animals. I used to jump at the sound of a coyote, now I photograph wild rattlesnakes in their natural habitats. touchmyrattlesnakes / Reddit

  • I was happy any time I had ice cream. throwbrosefrex / Reddit

  • When everyone was outside playing Pokémon Go back in 2016. Good times. alextheelf24 / Reddit

  • Got a really good haircut. PoolSharkPete / Reddit

Unfortunately, human memory works in such a way that we memorize the bad things far better than the good things. But now, during this cusp between the 2 decades, let’s try and remember the best things that have happened to us in the past 10 years. Share your stories!

Source link

Follow Us @soratemplates